A postmodern journey of faith...

9/23/2003

Ok, I'm lame. I didn't keep up. Go figure. That's me for you...

Read this today...so should you...Meet Your Maker by Johann Christoph Arnold. It talks about how we should never make our children pray, among other things. It's really the other things that got me thinking.

I've been suffering through a major guilt trip lately about my failure to be an "adequate" priest to my home, whatever that means. As such, I've been trying to discern ways to do things right--God's way.

Do you know that God spoke to his people and preserved the faith through stories?

Food for thought...

So, I'm thinking that maybe I need to spend some time talking about who God is to me. My problem...I need to discern who God is to me, first. Hmm...there's the rub!

So, who is God to me?

Today, he is my caretaker. He is the divine Daddy who is watching my back. There's been several people in my life who have stumbled upon trajedy lately...or maybe they've been attacked by it. I'm not sure. But what I do know is this: he's taking care of us, and teaching us more every day. Every day I learn more about how to live...some days more than others. Every day I realize how little I actually know compared to him...and that's just one of the many reasons I need him. He's protecting us...and I'm grateful to him.

So why do I try to be Superman? Go figure...

No comments: