A postmodern journey of faith...

6/26/2004

"...and throw it all in a bucket!"

I received this text from a friend of mine. The insight is great...I think it's worth some serious consideration:
The reality (in my opinion) is that we need both. We need to combine the mystic Christianity and the objective Christianity together in equal parts. It is much the same with our persons. All my life I've been preached at, to run away from myself..."run away from that damned natural man." In reality, if I run away from the natural man, there's no point in having the spiritual man, because I cannot do anything without the natural, and likewise, the natural cannot do anything without the spiritual. So it seems to me that we should be striving to achieve a co-existence of these two factions...much like we should do so with the two forms of Christianity. Then and only then, are we truly whole; the way in which we were intended to be.

Wow. I think that's worthy of some serious thought and consideration. Couple it with this for a meaty meditation today: Sin Deprivation Theory

No comments: