A postmodern journey of faith...

1/24/2005

Spiritual Immaturity...and why it happens...and why people who "grow up" leave church as we know it...

There's a fantastic post over on Paul Fromont's blog about spiritual formation. "Spiritual wha...?" you ask. Spritual formation. You may not have heard of it. But the jist of it is that it's that thing that happens to move the average pew-sitter past the "Feed ME!" stage and into actually *living* a life of faith.

Yah...there's a difference. Just think about it. Our spiritual parenting skills in the western church suck.

Here's the link...go read it...then come back here and give me some feedback. (The link will open in a new window because I want you back here...)
http://prodigal.typepad.com/prodigal_kiwi/2005/01/spiritual_fathe.html

Along these lines, I thing I'm going to do something unconventional and post my message from yesterday here as well. It fits.
http://newhope.squarespace.com/current/are-we-playing-to-the-crowd.html

Again, come back and talk to me. :)

No comments: