A postmodern journey of faith...

8/04/2005

My View of Church: as Servant

I'm learning a tremendous amount these days about how I view church, with some surprises along the way. I just took a survey to determine what model or function I perceive church fulfilling. The results, while not surprising, were certainly interesting. Here's what I came up with:


You scored as Servant Model. Your model of the church is Servant. The mission of the church is to serve others, to challenge unjust structures, and to live the preferential option for the poor. This model could be complemented by other models that focus more on the unique person of Jesus Christ.

Servant Model


83%

Sacrament model


61%

Herald Model


45%

Mystical Communion Model


44%

Institutional Model


0%

What is your model of the church? [Dulles]
created with QuizFarm.com

What is least surprising about this is that I scored 0% on the institutional model. Hmmm...

No comments: